Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gemstone dealer turned to jewellery design, and why not?


I am buying all kinds of colour gemstones. All day long. All year around. No weekends. Because my job is beautiful and I love it. I couldn’t care less about our jewellery design department, because half of the folks there don't know anything about gems and another half think too much.

But I get worried when my gemstone suppliers turn into jewellery manufacturing. I was worried when I saw Multicolour Gems opened it's fine jewellery store. I thought yeah, right, now where would I get my alexandrites and spinels? Turns out - now they understand my needs better, since they have the same headache as me - keeping goldsmiths and jewellery designs in bay.

And now my other favourite gemstone trader, Multicolour.com announced that they are planning to open a jewellery store. Oh, well. Every gemstone dealer thinks that jewellery is made of gold, when sometimes it's made of wood. Although I must admit, their first jewellery collection is very nice.
Organic contemporary ornaments. Good colour mix and interesting composition. Oh well, maybe now they will understand my needs better too?

No comments: